Survey Data provided by Harris Interactive.
Consumers comparison shopping for many things – but not their mortgage. [infographic]
Consumers may like to find the best deals out there, but they don’t always approach their mortgages with the same zeal. In fact, people are more diligent about shopping around for a home computer than for a home loan quote, according to a new LendingTree survey conducted online by Harris Interactive. The survey, released today, found that consumers research an average of 3.1 computer models, compared to an average of 2.4 loan quotes. Amazingly, 39 percent of those who said they were at least “somewhat involved” with shopping for their mortgage said they received only one loan quote. Other interesting facts: 10 percent of people said they spent the same amount of time mortgage shopping as brushing their teeth, and 11 percent likened mortgage shopping to the amount of time it takes to walk a dog. To learn more, you can read a summary of the report on how consumers comparison shop for everything except their mortgage.
LendingTree is the nation's leading online loan marketplace providing consumers an easy way to shop and compare funding for life's matters. With LendingTree's marketplace, you can connect with multiple lenders that compete for your business. You can also find an array of credit based tools and tips on LendingTree, including free monthly credit scores to help you stay empowered financially.
- 15 Things to Know About Your New EMV Credit Card Chip 5,728 views
- How Do You Compare Personal Loans and Get the Best Deal? 2,586 views
- Review: Top Cards Offering Long 0% Introductory Interest Terms 2,499 views
- Avoiding the 5 Most Common Mishaps People Encounter when Buying a Home 2,303 views
- Should You Give Out Your Social Security Number to Get a Mortgage Quote? 2,075 views
- Three Things in Life that Are Always Worth the Loan 2,032 views
- Your Mortgage GPS: Step-by-Step Directions for Getting a Mortgage 1,453 views