Average mortgage rates fell this week, according to the LendingTree Weekly Mortgage Rate Pulse, which tracks the lowest and average mortgage rates offered by lenders on the LendingTree network.
On July 12, average home loan rates offered by LendingTree network lenders were 4.77% (4.94% APR) for 30-year fixed mortgages, 4.03% (4.28% APR) for 15-year fixed mortgages and 3.51% (3.64% APR) for 5/1 adjustable rate mortgages (ARM). Rates for 30 year fixed loans and 5/1 ARMS fell week-over-week while 15 year fixed mortgage rates rose slightly.
On the same day, the lowest mortgage rates offered by lenders on the LendingTree network were 4.25 percent (4.39% APR) for a 30-year fixed mortgage, 3.375 percent (3.61% APR) for a 15-year fixed mortgage and 2.75 percent (3.04% APR) for a 5/1 ARM.
“Mortgage rates have been yo-yoing for several months now,” said Mona Marimow, Senior Vice President of LendingTree.com. “While still hovering near historic lows, the amount rates vary from lender to lender is the highest we’ve seen since late 2010. This variance spells opportunity for consumers on the market for a home loan, provided they shop around and compare rates and offers from a variety of lenders. Banks and lenders move at different speeds to readjust their pricing after market dips and this can translate to considerable savings for savvy borrowers.”
Thinking about a refinance or obtaining a new home loan? Learn more about your options at the LendingTree Smart Borrower Center. Or simply fill out this refinance form or new home loan form and we’ll match you with up to four lenders so you can compare loan offers.
LendingTree is the nation's leading online loan marketplace providing consumers an easy way to shop and compare funding for life's matters. With LendingTree's marketplace, you can connect with multiple lenders that compete for your business. You can also find an array of credit based tools and tips on LendingTree, including free monthly credit scores to help you stay empowered financially.
- 15 Things to Know About Your New EMV Credit Card Chip 5,726 views
- How Do You Compare Personal Loans and Get the Best Deal? 2,586 views
- Review: Top Cards Offering Long 0% Introductory Interest Terms 2,498 views
- Avoiding the 5 Most Common Mishaps People Encounter when Buying a Home 2,301 views
- Should You Give Out Your Social Security Number to Get a Mortgage Quote? 2,070 views
- Three Things in Life that Are Always Worth the Loan 2,031 views
- Your Mortgage GPS: Step-by-Step Directions for Getting a Mortgage 1,451 views