A few years ago, the Miami Herald broke the news that over 5,000 of Florida’s mortgage loan officers were felons who’d been convicted of various frauds. Amazingly, it was legal for them to work in a field that provided so many opportunities to rip off their clients. State mortgage licensing requirements ranged from extensive background checks, education and testing to simply proving that you had a pulse. There was no way to judge how capable or ethical a lender was.
Today, there are national standards, including education, background checks and testing. You can be quite sure that a licensed lender won’t con you.
However, that doesn’t mean all loan officers and mortgage brokers are dedicated to providing good service or are experts in their field. It takes years of experience and a good deal of motivation to achieve this.
Finding the top mortgage lenders is easier than you think
Who are you gonna trust? A lender’s billboard or ad? Or the reviews of its clients? If it’s the latter, check out LendingTree’s lender reviews, provided by their clients. You’ll find many of the same outfits garnering top reviews and ratings again and again. The top lenders on this list got there by being outstanding in their mortgage rates, fees and closing costs, responsiveness and customer service.
Drum roll, please…….
Top Ten LendingTree Network Lenders
(Based on Q3 LendingTree Lender Ratings and Reviews)
- Supreme Lending
- HomePlus Mortgage
- Royal United Mortgage
- Pacific Beneficial Mortgage Company
- Mid-America Mortgage, Inc.
- Access Capital Group
- Reliance First Capital, LLC
- Silver Fin Capital Group
- Great Western Financial Services
- LSI Mortgage Plus
“With over 250 lenders on the LendingTree network, these ten lenders best exemplify excellence in customer service,” said Doug Lebda, LendingTree founder and CEO . “LendingTree’s priority is to act on behalf of the consumer and serve as a partner for borrowers in the loan process. LendingTree is privileged to have an unparalleled network of lenders to help us achieve this goal.”
LendingTree is the nation's leading online loan marketplace providing consumers an easy way to shop and compare funding for life's matters. With LendingTree's marketplace, you can connect with multiple lenders that compete for your business. You can also find an array of credit based tools and tips on LendingTree, including free monthly credit scores to help you stay empowered financially.
- 15 Things to Know About Your New EMV Credit Card Chip 6,127 views
- Your Mortgage GPS: Step-by-Step Directions for Getting a Mortgage 3,878 views
- 5 Things You Should Never Put on a Credit Card 3,541 views
- Should You Give Out Your Social Security Number to Get a Mortgage Quote? 3,487 views
- How Do You Compare Personal Loans and Get the Best Deal? 2,827 views
- Avoiding the 5 Most Common Mishaps People Encounter When Buying a Home 2,695 views
- Review: Top Cards Offering Long 0% Introductory Interest Terms 2,669 views